Sunday 31 May 2020

The Third Book The 12th Chapter - 20/20 Hindsight and Intuition


May 30, 2020

How many times have you had a thought or a feeling or wish to do something or respond to moments around you? How often have you ignored your internal warnings and radars? Ignore the fact that your red flag warning bells were going off like a air horn? But you chose to believe in the good of others and not wanted to disappoint others. Then with the gift of your time, you realize that your intuition was correct the entire time.

I thought of a direct impact of not listening to your internal danger system is a lowering of your self-esteem. With time you are given the gift that your thoughts are true to you. How often do you keep ignoring yourself yet want growth and an increased sense of enlightenment? Over the last few years, I have experienced moments I've trusted myself followed with almost as many moments of putting off myself or ignoring myself.  When I felt moments of moving and knowing my strength, I felt growth and a sense of accomplishment. Then when I have moments of losing myself after ignoring my intuition, to others that are focused in a way that is not in alignment with my sense of self. A sense of frustration occurs, and understanding of why did I make these decisions, even though I knew of the outcomes before they happened. 

Recently I was chatting with a friend and mentor and shared the thought of a mindset—the mindset of how you view others. One can either think the best or the worst in others. Depending on your viewpoint drastically will impact your interactions and how you experience life. This can be a positive thing; however, the negative can be the complete lack of listening to your intuition. Red flags are going off, and you know you shouldn't be making those choices, but it's like you are in autopilot heading towards the sea of regret. In the past, as I was feeling myself become weak, more often than not, I would give in to cynical impulses and ones that didn't add value to my life.

I realize a significant change has happened to me and that it is a strength to make better choices, that has come from embracing Christ into my life.  I realize the force is coming from an unlimited source, a source from Christ that genuinely is empowering and a cause that keeps on giving. That source is the power of prayer for me. Now when I am feeling a moment of regret or the need to repair moments that I cannot repair, I turn and ask for strength to not repeat the same experiences that I have done in the past. I can move forward now, and even though it is difficult to make different choices, I can make positive choices. The direct result is a growth of strength and a growing sense of trusting my intuition. That intuition comes from everlasting strength and source and is based on the act of having a relationship with Christ.

When I was talking to my mentor, I realized a gift I have been given is always choosing to see the best of others. I also thought of how grateful I am to live a life believing in the positive. I couldn't imagine living a life where a person feels the worst thing others. A life of misery and unhappiness and victimhood will follow with that mindset. I'm also grateful I'm able to recognize the gift of thinking the best.

The skill I am now learning through the gift of prayer is to walk away from others that aren't adding value and have my strength to walk away. Forgiveness is powerful and needed trait, but when people hurt you, not going back to that relationship is essential. Even though Jesus forgave Judas, he didn't ever go back to help Judas after his betrayal. This all relates to making your truth, and by using the power of prayer, you can change your life for the better. Using prayer for strength and to truly forgive others allows you to forgive yourself. Through this act of forgiving others, will enable you to move forward and will let you to not repeat the same experiences over again. By doing this, you can avoid the definition of the insanity of doing the same thing yet wanting to experience different results.

I have experienced this only by turning to Christ a higher and enduring power greater than myself. By using the power of prayer, this has moved my growth, and I wouldn't have done it without the help of Christ and his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment