Thursday 11 June 2020

The Third Book The 13th Chapter - The "GosPill"


The Gos"Pill"
June 11, 2020

Have you ever wanted to be like someone famous? Have you ever had an idea that was in alignment with your passion and wanted to change your life? Did you act and change your life to be like someone you admire, or did you implement your new idea to pursue your passion? Now take a moment and think about this question and ask yourself why didn't you move your gift forward?

I'm going to write about fear and how fear limits our ability to live life fully and receive life's unconditional gifts. I have experienced first hand the accomplishment of pushing through my self-imposed barrier of fear and realized the reward is always waiting on the other side of that barrier. The gifts you receive by driving through your boundary of fear exceed your wildest imagination and provide value to you and, usually, someone else. I found more strength, knowing that I can provide value to someone else by pushing through my barriers and gaining confidence. I am going to share a recent life experience to illustrate the importance of getting out of your comfort zone.

Just a few days ago, I met a fantastic couple by the names of Deb and Glenn. Through my work, I have the opportunity to meet a lot of people. On that day, I was going to meet Deb and Glenn for the first time in person. I didn't have any expectation about how the meeting would go. As I knocked on the door, and the door opened, I felt an overwhelming sense of warmth, comfort, kindness, and love. As I remember in that moment, tears filled my eyes in reaction to the impact their passion for all Christ's people had on me.

We began talking about current events, weather etc. Then quickly, the conversation changed as Deb posed a question. She asked me if I would be able to have eternal Salvation and a relationship with Christ forever. I replied, "absolutely!" She immediately handed me a small pill. The top of the pill was white, the bottom was blue, and across was a sticker that read "Gospill." They shared the fact that they were starting a ministry based upon the teachings of Christ with a vision to share those teachings with everyone who would listen. They were in the process of selling all unnecessary worldly possessions, including their home. They had a goal of having everything sold within three months after which, they would hit the road sharing the Gospel of Christ. In that moment, I immediately wanted to open the pill to see what was inside. However, I chose to wait, as I was fearful of ignoring my beautiful hosts.
Later in our visit, I asked permission to open the pill, which they allowed. Inside was a scroll. It was rolled in a way you may envision an ancient biblical scroll that had been rolled for safe storage. As it was written, it began with The A.B.C. Salvation message. "A" to "admit or acknowledge" that I am a Sinner. "B" to "believe" in my heart that Jesus died, and God raised Him from the dead. "C" to "call upon" the name of the Lord or "confess" with my mouth Jesus Christ is Lord. By following the A.B.C.'s of Salvation, one is able to enter into everlasting life and enjoy all the gifts that are freely awaiting all of us to experience through Christ.

I pause again as I remember that experience and Deb and Glenn's passion for genuinely helping others. To experience true love without condition, without judgment, without expectation is truly a gift. What we are experiencing in our daily life broadcasted through our mainstream media is entirely the opposite of what I experienced in that moment. It was an experience of genuinely uplifting another human through truth, not pushing one down. Though it lasted nearly 2 hours, it only seemed like minutes. Not only did they share their vision, but also personal stories about their lives, stories of triumph, stories of struggle, yet now they have a love that they are sharing with others. As I was leaving, I asked them if there was anything I could do to help serve them on their quest. 

As I went home and finished my day, I was so moved that I felt a need to write about it. Early the next morning, I asked permission to share the story and their names. I hope that these few words will help them in their transition. As I wrote about the experience, I was moved to tears, very similar to my first meeting Deb and Glenn.
The white and blue pill is now sitting on my desk beside my John Maxwell leadership Bible, and every time I sit down, I look at it and remember the gift I was given on that June day.

2 comments:

  1. Glenn and Deb---You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words however, it is Christ that is working in me!

    ReplyDelete